Wednesday 3 February 2016

When I get home....

I'm going to sit on my sofa and gorge on chocolate.

My brother, who had been holding a bit of extra weight, has shed an amazing amount of poundage by eating shitloads of fruit and walking 10,000 steps each day.

The last time I saw him, a few weeks ago, he looked bloody fantastic and really inspired me to walk off the pounds.

Duely, over the next three weeks I ate many many many pieces of fruit and endeavoured to walk my 10,000 steps daily...I really enjoyed it.

I've lost 11 pounds and apart from this whole lung based malarkey feel fabulous.

Then I got pneumonia.

I came to hospital where they filled me full of intravenous fluids - 7 litres in fact over the course of the first 24 hours.

Now, to be fair, I am sitting here feeling so so much better so obviously the fluids (antiB's and lovely codeine) have done their job.

Did you know that 1 litre of water is approximately 1kg in weight.

7kgs of fluids! 7 kilos!

They just weighed me.

I am back to my start weight.

I can't wait to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment